Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Holidays

Here's hoping everyone had a very Merry Christmas and was able to spend time with your loving families.

I haven't been in here much lately, mainly because not much is happening on the design front. I received my ABN on the 17th December and now I need to work out what to do with BAS statements, etc. I might have to email my accountant uncle to see what I need to do regarding this.

I did get some paperwork/pamphlets with the certificate and will have to go onto the ATO website as well for more information.

4 days before Christmas I was asked to do a corporate Christmas Greetings E-card, on the same day I received an email from my cousin with the photos of his baby for the birth announcement I was doing for them. So I had a busy day that day! I think M was in daycare then so I was able to get them both done in the one day.

I have now been asked if I can do someone's wedding invite, just a digital one so they can print it out. The wedding is 9 months away and they've already got the venues and everything worked out!!!! Now that's what I call being organised.

About 18 months ago (March 2008) I had another idea for a business, after going to my BIL & SIL's wedding in Brisbane. It was something that they had at their wedding and SIL suggested that I should do something like that as it is something I am interested in. When we flew back to Perth I searched high and low for the equipment needed. I could not find it anywhere. Anyhow, fast forward to last week and Mum, Dad & I were looking for printers for mum in Dick Smith. Guess what I found? Yep, you guessed it... the size printer I needed 18 months ago!!! Mum suggested putting in some money as a Christmas present for me so I could buy it. I thought about it and decided not to get it because I have gone down a different path with my business. I may talk it over with Ben and see what he thinks, it would add another dimension to what I am doing. And at least now I know where to get the printer from.

I hope everyone has a very happy New Year... Please stay safe xx

PS - How's this heat?


No comments:

Post a Comment