Saturday, May 8, 2010

Frustrated!!!

How does everyone get their business up and running?

I have a facebook business fan page and have around 215 "fans", or "likers" as they're called these days. But I am yet to get any work from them. I see all the other businesses who I "like" posting to their wall that they're doing this logo design, and that facebook welcome page, and this business card design, and that gift voucher design... etc, etc, etc. Every day they're at least getting 2-3 jobs and I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs and doing up samples for my portfolio.

I'm even doing random draws (thanks www.random.org) to find winners to give Discount Vouchers to. I'm notifying the winners and asking them to contact me with their details so I can email them the voucher. I've drawn 5 different winners and not one has contacted me yet!! The first draw was just for one winner, but the last 2 I've made two winners. They're given a week to contact me before I do a redraw. I've sent them PMs and also tagged them in my status if they're a FB friend. But still nothing! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

I know I have only been running this hobby business since December but I would've thought that someone other than family would need my services.

On a more cheerful note I have been given a laptop as my Mother's Day present - 3 days early :D  Now I don't have to be shut up in the study while working. We now just need a wireless router so I don't have to be connected to so many wires at once! And all I need is some work to help pay for the laptop... There I go, getting frustrated again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment